Goldring E4 Cartridge - a design that is compatible with all medium to high-mass tonearms. Its construction is based on high-quality core similar to the E Series cartridges in this range. Essentially, the cartridge is ideal for upgrading the entirety of an obsolete cartridge. Particularly, the E4 is designed to boost the performance of the existing E Series cartridge by replacing the stylus.
New super-elliptical nude diamond stylus
The E4 comes with a ‘nude’ super-elliptical stylus of 7.6 x 18 microns (0.3 x 0.7 mil), cut and polished from a single homogeneous piece of diamond, resulting to a lower effective tip mass of improved rigidity. In turn, this means its ability to retrieve high-frequency detail is significantly improved in comparison to the ‘bonded’ elliptical stylus alternative.
It is highly unlikely to ‘mis-track’ or overshoot when tracing high-frequency groove modulations. With its finely polished 7.6-micron profile, it can effectively fit into closely packed inner grooves. Additionally, lower distortion, improved transient response and a flat frequency response are contributing factors that make E4 a superior fidelity when compared to any alternative.
- Colour: Blue
- Stylus carrier: Aluminium
- Stylus grind: naked elliptical
- Stylus radius: 0.3 x 0.7 mil
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Channel uniformity: <1.5 dB at 1 kHz
- Channel separation: >20 dB at 1 kHz
- Output voltage: 3.5 mV (1 kHz @ 5 cm/sec)
- Needle compliance: 20 mm/N
- Vertical tracking angle: 20
- Load resistance: 47 kΩ
- Capacitive load: 100 - 200 pF
- Coil inductance: 400 mH
- Coil impedance: 410 Ω
- Weight: 6.9 g
- Mounting hole spacing: 12.7 mm (0.5'')
- Tracking force: 1.5 g - 2.5 g (recommended: 1.75 g)