Ortofon 2MR Red – 2M Cartridge, height 14mm, for Rega, Dual, etc.
The NEW Ortofon 2MR Cartridges
The Ortofon 2MR systems feature, specially designed cartridge housings, is tailored for turntables and tonearms such as Rega or Dual with an adapter plate, meeting their low profile cartridge requirements. With the low-profile cartridge housing, they can be screwed directly under the tonearm without the need for modifications or spacers on the tonearm. This allows for quick and easy installation with just two screws.
Now you can really immerse yourself in the music even on turntables with lower-height tonearms - without any complicated modifications, simply with the new 2MR Red.
Remember the time when you fell in love with music? The 2MR Red will rekindle that flame and give music meaning again. From the moment the diamond-studded stylus hits the groove, you'll feel it instantly. The 2MR Red features Ortofon's very own invention, the Split Pole Pins, which provide sound reproduction so precise that only your heart can skip a beat. With the 2MR Red, you'll hear the music come to life. It's as if you're immersed in the music itself with one step. This is Ortofon's 2MR cartridge for hi-fi beginners. What a stunning entry point it is.
The Ortofon 2MR Red features an elliptical diamond and a high-performance four-coil generator with copper split pole pins, an increased output power of 5.5 mV and full compatibility with the Ortofon 2M series stylus inserts. Thus, it impresses with an optimised reproduction and offers a high degree of sonic precision in the entry-level segment.
The weight and size of the 2MR Red are designed to fit most turntables with a low tonearm height. In addition, the 2MR Red offers excellent compatibility with a wide range of playback systems and phono preamps.
Sound image – the 2MR/2M Red delivers an open, dynamic sound with a slight hint of warmth.
- With a height of only 14mm, optimised for low profile tonearms (e.g. Rega, Dual, etc.), no spacers, washers or turntable modifications are required
- Quick and easy installation on tonearms with only two screws with standard half inch mounting
- Stylus with elliptical diamond cut
- Split-pole technology
- Clean, detailed and lifelike sound
- Easy upgrade via plug and play with Stylus 2M Blue, 2M Bronze, 2M Black and 2M Black LVB 250 possible
Before use – to avoid losses in sound quality, cartridges must always be adjusted individually on the headshell according to the manufacturer's specifications of the turntable as well as the cartridge, and the tracking force must be set correctly.
Compatibility of the 2M stylus inserts
The generators, coils and magnet configurations of the 2M series are not identical on all models. The Red and Blue models are identical, as are the Bronze and Black. The 2M Silver follows its own configuration, while the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78 are again identical to each other.
Technically, the following styli of the 2M series are interchangeable in stereo application:
- Stylus 2M Red, 2M Blue, 2M Silver, 2M Bronze, 2M Black and 2M Black LVB 250.
Technically, the following 2M series barrels are interchangeable in mono applications:
- Stylus 2M Mono and 2M 78
- Cartridge type: MM (Moving Magnet)
- Output voltage: 5,5mV at 1000Hz, 5cm/sec
- Amplifier connection: Phono MM
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1.5dB
- Channel separation at 1kHz: 22dB
- Channel separation at 15kHz: 15dB
- Frequency response: 20-22.000Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20,000Hz +3/-1dB
- Sensing capability at 315Hz: 70µm at recommended tracking force
- Stylus compliance: 18µm/mN
- Recommended tonearm type: light and medium
- Stylus grind: elliptical
- Radius of cartridge tip: r/R 8/18µm
- Tracking force range: 16-20mN (1.6-2.0g)
- Recommended tracking force: 18mN (1.8g)
- Scanning angle: 20 degrees
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1.3kOhm
- Internal inductance: 700mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300pF
- Housing material: Hopelex
- Height: 14mm
- Weight, cartridge: 6g
- Cartridge colour, housing/stylus: black/red
- Replacement stylus: Stylus 2M Red/2M Silver
- Upgrade stylus: Stylus 2M Blue, 2M Bronze, 2M Black, 2M Black LVB 250