Ortofon 2MR Blue – 2M Cartridge, height 14mm, for Rega, Dual, etc.
The NEW Ortofon 2MR Cartridges
The Ortofon 2MR systems feature, specially designed cartridge housings, is tailored for turntables and tonearms such as Rega or Dual with an adapter plate, meeting their low profile cartridge requirements. With the low-profile cartridge housing, they can be screwed directly under the tonearm without the need for modifications or spacers on the tonearm. This allows for quick and easy installation with just two screws.
Now unleash the next level of authenticity even on turntables with lower-height tonearms – without any complex modifications, simply with the new 2MR Blue
Once you start your quest for authenticity, it's very hard to stop. The 2MR Blue is a great step on that journey. The goal of any pickup should be to reproduce the sound as close as possible to the artist's vision. The 2MR Blue brings you much closer to authenticity on this journey. When the stylus hits the groove with its elliptically shaped solid diamond, it's like a journey through space and time to the moment when the music was recorded. With the 2MR Blue, listening to vinyl becomes a real experience.
The Ortofon 2MR Blue features an elliptical diamond and a high-performance four-coil generator with copper split pole pins, an increased output power of 5.5 mV and full compatibility with the Ortofon 2M series stylus inserts. Thus, it impresses with an optimised reproduction and offers a high degree of sonic precision.
The weight and size of the 2MR Blue are designed to fit most turntables with a low tonearm height. In addition, the 2MR Blue offers excellent compatibility with a wide range of playback systems and phono preamplifiers.
Sound image – with its bare diamond, the 2MR/2M Blue delivers an even more open, dynamic sound with more resolution and reproduces more detail with a slight hint of warmth than the 2MR/2M Red.
- With a height of only 14mm, optimised for low profile tonearms (e.g. Rega, Dual, etc.), no spacers, washers or turntable modifications required
- Quick and easy mounting on tonearms with only two screws with standard half-inch fixing
- Stylus with naked elliptical diamond cut
- Split-pole technology
- Clean, detailed and lifelike sound
- Easy upgrade via plug and play with Stylus 2M Bronze, 2M Black and 2M Black LVB 250 possible
Before use – to avoid losses in sound quality, cartridges must always be adjusted individually on the headshell according to the manufacturer's specifications for the turntable as well as the cartridge, and the tracking force must be set correctly.
Compatibility of the 2M stylus inserts
The generators, coils and magnet configurations of the 2M series are not identical in all models. The Red and Blue models are identical, as are the Bronze and Black. The 2M Silver follows its own configuration, while the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78 are again identical to each other.
Technically, the following styluses of the 2M series are interchangeable in stereo application:
- Stylus 2M Red, 2M Blue, 2M Silver, 2M Bronze, 2M Black and 2M Black LVB 250.
Technically, the following 2M series barrels are interchangeable in mono applications:
- Stylus 2M Mono and 2M 78
- Cartridge type: MM (Moving Magnet)
- Output voltage: 5,5mV at 1000Hz, 5cm/sec
- Amplifier connection: Phono MM
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1.5dB
- Channel separation at 1kHz: 25dB
- Channel separation at 15kHz: 15dB
- Frequency response: 20-25.000Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20,000Hz +2/-1dB
- Sensing capability at 315Hz: 80µm at recommended tracking force
- Stylus compliance: 18µm/mN
- Recommended tonearm type: light and medium
- Stylus grind: nude elliptical
- Radius of cartridge tip: r/R 8/18µm
- Tracking force range: 16-20mN (1.6-2.0g)
- Recommended tracking force: 18mN (1.8g)
- Scanning angle: 20 degrees
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1.3kOhm
- Internal inductance: 700mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300pF
- Housing material: Hopelex
- Height: 14mm
- Weight, cartridge: 6g
- Cartridge colour, housing/stylus: black/blue
- Replacement stylus: Stylus 2M Blue
- Upgrade stylus: Stylus 2M Bronze, 2M Black, 2M Black LVB 250