M6SCD – Overview
The M6scd is a superb performer. It uses a 32 bit DAC with 192 kHz up-sampling and delivers outstanding technical and musical performance. It also has a range of digital inputs: 2 x coax, 2 x optical and asynchronous USB. This makes it particularly useful for set top boxes and/or TV sound improvement.
The M6scd is a top notch CD player and digital hub in one beautifully engineered box.
M6scd In Brief
- CD player and digital hub
- Excellent technical performance
- Great CD readability
- Multiple digital inputs – 2 x coax, 2 x optical, and asynchronous USB
- Very low jitter
- Excellent, hunky build quality
- Output impedance: 50 ohms
- Output, digital 0dB level: RCA output - 2.2V r.m.s. nominal
- DAC circuit: 24 bit Delta-Sigma (bit stream) dual differential 8x over-sampling
- Total correlated jitter: <135 picoseconds peak to peak
- Linearity: <0.1dB down to -96dB
- Frequency response: 10Hz to 20 kHz -0.2dB max.
- Channel separation: >105dB 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >117dB “a”- wtd.
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.003% 10Hz to 20 kHz
- Line level outputs: 1 pair line level RCA connectors, left and right outputs
- Digital outputs: 1 RCA coaxial connector SPDIF, 1 TOSLINK optical connector
- Mains voltages 115/230VAC 50/60Hz (factory pre-set)
- 100VAC 50/60Hz (alternative)
- Consumption 20 Watts maximum
- Unit only, unboxed 6.65 kg (14⅔ lbs)
- In shipping carton 10.5 kg (23 lbs)
- Wide 440 mm (17⅓”)
- High, including feet 100 mm (4”)
- Deep (front to back) including terminals 375 mm (14¾”)